Environmental Protection and Safety
RIOGLASS SOLAR, as being the first manufacturer of tempered mirrors for the thermo solar industry has as its main objective to satisfy its clients and to strengthen our image by respecting the environment and providing our employees safe and comfortable working conditions. With this objective, our organization is committed to implement in the corporate strategy an integrated management system focused on processes that with on-going reviews, will promote continuous process improvement.
Quality and quality assurance are in the genes of Rioglass Solar´s staff. With a background in automotive and construction, quality, excellence and continuous improvement are part of our day-to-day practice. The environment is what we care for and the reason for Rioglass Solar´s existence. To create the tools for clean energy, clean water desalinisation, and energy even in remote areas.
In order to continuously increase quality and performance for our customer, reduce our environmental footprint and work in a safety way, RIOGLASS SOLAR has implemented:
- an integrated management based on standards ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001, management systems certificated by accredited certification bodies
- An inventory and control of greenhouse gases (GHG)
- Periodical internal and external auditing of these systems
- Preventive maintenance
- R&D&E and continuous product and production improvements systems to use more environmentally friendly materials and processes
- Energy savings programs
- Corporate social responsibility program
- Risk management programs for all our production facilities
At Rioglass Solar, we consider sustainability part of our day-to-day activities and, as an active player in the renewable energy market, feel that it is our obligation to play an active role in creating more sustainability in all aspect of life. Sustainability for Rioglass Solar means acting in the best interest of future generations in all aspects of life, economic, the environmental and societal.
Rioglass for example is OHSAS 18001 certified and performs CO2 reporting. But our most important contribution are our products, which help to build clean and sustainable energy production, on large and small scale, in countries all over the world. That is our commitment!