Installation in Aznalcóllar (Seville-Spain)
Rioglass Solar is a global leader in designing and manufacturing optical CSP and CPV components. Founded in 2007, Rioglass Solar is now the largest supplier of CSP HCE tubes and concentrating mirrors in the world.
Capitalizing on its extensive knowledge and experience, Rioglass has created a turn-key solar solution to generate process heat for industrial applications. Our Engineers have developed a Fresnel system not seen before generating process heat at a much lower cost while at the same time eliminating fossil fuels and therefore reducing the customers carbon foot print. This Rioglass breakthrough design enables us to manufacture, assemble and calibrate these amazing modules at our facilities worldwide so the equipment is ready to be installed when it arrives at the customer’ site. These “Plug and Play” systems are designed to work with a variety of heat transfer fluids.
The world class staff at our glass fabrication facilities designed a Fresnel system using very precise and accurate TEMPERED CURVED lenses with 6 different curvature radios within each module, making it the most efficient solar collector system in the market today to produce industrial process heat. Rioglass’ Clients can be Environmentally conscious while reducing cost at the same time.
Rioglass is the only Manufacturer that has complete control over the entire supply chain. All major components are produced within the Rioglass Group guaranteeing consistent quality and timely deliveries.
Module main figures:
- Structure size: 6206 x 4060 mm
- Structure size including integrated cleaning system: 6481 x 4060 (mm x mm)
- Primary mirror surface: 25.1 sqm
- Receiver height above primary mirrors: variable
- Receiver height above ground level: ca. 3490 mm
- Ratio of Reflective area vs. Occupied area: 0.997 (the highest in the market)
- Module weight: 699 kg
- Specific weight: 27.7 kg/sqm
- Optional: Integrated cleaning system
Pressure: up to 40 bar
Temperature: up to 400 °C
Life expectancy +25 years
- Up to 25 km/h: standard operation
- Up to 90 km/h: reduced operation,
decreased performance due to
- Over 90 km/h: Standby position
Sun2Heat® Solution Installation in Aznalcóllar (Seville)
Applications of Sun2Heat® solar systems integrated in thermal applications: SOLARVAP® Solutions
- Sea water desalinization
- Drying/replacement of brine evaporation ponds
- Effluent waste reduction by CSH evaporation
- Value compounds recovery from waste water (HCl, metals, minerals…)
More information in www.solarvap.net
- Global CSP company with projects
implemented in the five continents
- Largest supplier within its business
- Proven solutions already installed
in solar fields for several years
- Financially sound company
- Manufacturer of main components
of the solar field
Rioglass CSP solution advantages:
- Important reduction on customer’s
- Scalable and modular solution
adaptable to customer’s need
- It can be hybridized with other
- Short field installation times and low
costs as modules are manufactured
and calibrated within Rioglass
facilities and not at project site
- Energy supply independent of
electricity or fuel price changes and
political regulation modifications
- No fuel cost as sunlight is free and
- 24/7 stable energy supply with
energy storage system
- Positive impact on company’s
marketing and brand name
SOLARVAP® Evaporation + Dry condensation in Sevilla, Spain. 120kWt. 2018.
Sun2Heat® rooftop industrial process in Extremadura, Spain. 120kWt. 2018.
Sun2Heat® industrial process in Arizona, US. 200kWt. 2018.